The word Globalization became notorious in today’s world due to the fact, that it its role is spoken everywhere. However, it still continues to influence every aspect of human life.
Globalization and new mobility paradigm brought new opportunities for tourism industry, which as a result brought economic and cultural gains to society.
Some of the countries, however, couldn’t gain a lot from globalization process due to their national protectionist policies, such as Slovenia.
On the other hand, particular destinations and regions, which could especially leverage their development through the global tourism phenomena, such as Macao, Dubai, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand etc.
To gain from today’s internationalism destinations should follow certain principles:
- Foster investment in tourism by government incentives, regulations
- Form strategic partnerships with world’s hotel chains, airlines
- Make use of online tourism and global booking systems
- Create high-value added services
- Identify areas of competitive advantage and offer unique tourism experience
- Invest in infrastructure in long-term