When people think of a luxurious Middle East destination, Dubai is usually the first to come one’s mind. Even though, Dubai is known for its skyscrapers, top luxury resorts and wealth, Doha is about to get ahead on the subject of luxury.
Gold-plated coffee kiosks, a private Presidential Suite for VIPs and a pool make Doha Hamad International Airport one of the most upscale airports in the world. You will feel the high level of luxury as soon as you arrive in the city.
As the rising star of the luxury tourism, Doha has so many upscale hotels each one is providing premium service. On the west bay of the country, there is a man-made island The Pearl. Known as the Arabian Riviera, The Pearl is home to yacth marinas, residential towers, villas, luxury hotels and the best shopping areas in the town.
Things to Do:
- Dive into a desert safari adventure where desert meets with the inland sea then watch the sun set over sand dunes and feel yourself in an Arabian fairytale.
- Experience the nightlife of Doha in the light of Qatar’s spectacular skyline.
- Take cruise on a traditional boat known as “Dhow” or an exclusive yacht cruise.
- Shop in the glitzy malls of the city. Attraction Points: City Center Doha, Villagio Mall, Souq Waqif, Gold Souq, Landmark Mall, Exclusive Boutique on the Pearl Doha
- Arts, Culture, Religion Attraction Points: Grand Mosque, Museum of Islamic Arts, Mathaf Arab Museum of Modern Art, Qatar National Museum and Aquarium, Islamic Culture Center.
When to Go:
May – September: Avoid this time if you can since the day temperature is at its highest.
October – March: Enjoy Qatar without intense humidity and heat.
March and April: Witness Emir’s GCC Camel Race